Freitag, 27. Dezember 2013

MIDI from Ardiuno to Propellerheads Reason 6.5 (Windows 7)


This is a quick tutorial to show you how I linked midi messages comming from the arduino into music making software (in my case Reason 6.5).

Basic Diagram


Needed Software:
  • loopMIDI (v1.0.5(15)
  • Serial MIDI Converter V2D
  • Arduino 1.0.5 (I used an Arduino UNO)

Steps

1. Run loopMIDI
2. add a port on the bottom left hand corner (+)




3. Upload this test code to your Arduino (Tested for v1.05). This is basicly just a simple MIDI message that the arduino will repeat, used to understand how things connect. In this case the note C will go on and off. (download code).




4. Launch Serial MIDI Converter V2D. In my case, press (A) for COM3. This is where my arduino is connected via USB.




5. Select Baud rate 57600 bps (The same as used in the arduino code)




6. Select the MIDI port created in step 2 (loopMIDI Port in my case)




7. In Serial MIDI Converter V2D, select loopMIDI Port as output.




8. Launch Reason 6.5, go to EDIT-> PREFERENCES, Control Surfaces, Add, Manufacture: Other, click on FIND.





9. It should now find the loopMIDI Port you setup earlier.




Now you can test it with instruments or simmilar. You can also go further by adding sensors etc to your arduino inputs and convert them to midi messages. More tutorials will follow.



2 Kommentare:

  1. im very impressed with your post because this post is very beneficial for me and provide a new knowledge to me
    Reason 11.3.9 Crack

    AntwortenLöschen


  2. I am very impressed with your post because this post is very beneficial for me and provide a new knowledge to me
    Propeller head Reason Limited Mac Crack

    AntwortenLöschen